Sunday 18 July 2010

The Damned


I had another opportunity to work with the guys and girls of The Brickyard this week. I was commissioned for the poster for none other than The Damned. I have loved their (first) album "Damned Damned Damned" for a long time. Did you know that The Damned are the first uk punk band to ever release an album ("Damned Damned Damned", in 1977), a single ("Neat Neat Neat" b/w "New Rose", I believe, please correct me if I am wrong), and to tour America ("USA, USA, USA"). True story. Good work, The Damned! I once had to decide whether or not to buy an original copy of the "Damned Damned Damned" LP or "Inflammable Material" by Stiff Little Fingers. I chose Stiff Little Fingers. Needless to say, it was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever been forced to make.

After spending quite some time photoshopping in the shadows on the woman's dress and the bow on her chest I am rather craving doing something clean and typographic soon. I feel like i've been cheating on my love affair with Helvetica for a while now.

Anyway if you are in Carlisle around the 11th of August it's a definite must that you should shell out the £18 to catch some classic punk tunes and spooky vibes with The Damned. Watch this if you don't believe me:

No comments: